The name ‘San Biagio’, where the estate is, goes back to an important chapter of the family history. The most relevant ancestor was San Romualdo, born in Ravenna between 951 and 953, of the Duke of Onesti and Traversara Traversari. He became a monk (together with his father) after a violent argument involving his family. He was a very vigorous monk and he imposed a severe discipline to his life, of penitence, prayer and meditation.
He remained principally in the Apennines, where he established small monasteries, but it was in 1012 that he established a small hermitage in the Apennines near Arezzo and a little further down a monastery, that of Camaldoli, which became an important centre of prayer and culture for many centuries. Romualdo died in 1027, in Val di Castro. His remains lies in Camaldoli church in San Biagio at Fabriano, in the province of Ancona