The area in which the estate lies was called Prandecinum in late Roman times, a name confirmed in a map dated in the first half of the 17th Century, referring to this as ‘Riva di Pradoncin’.
The name derived from Prando, a soldier from Altino who, in the 4th century, built his fortress here, a better strategic area from which to organize his raids on Treviso. After his father was cured from a grave illness by Liberale, future patron of the Marca Trevigiana, he ended his hostilities, converted to Christianity and destroyed his fortress. Even though we do not know the exact location of the fortress, it is possible that the Villa da Lezze was built on the remains. This was begun by Priamo da Lezze and Marina Pruili da Lezze in 1670 and finished in 1739, on the project of the famous architect Baldassare Longhena. Over the years the architects Alfonso Moscatelli, Antonio Gaspari and Francesco Muttoni contributed towards the construction of the building. As proof of the beauty some drawings have remained in the Museum Correr of Venice, an album of original drawings of Muttoni and the transcription of some original pages of Longhena conserved in the Library of Congress in Washington.
Some remains are visible today in the structure of other buildings of the area: the columns of marble of the orangery hold up the portico of Villa Navagero Erizzo at Rovarè of San Biagio di Callalta; the gates in wrought iron belong to the Institute Besta at Treviso and the columns of the façade have been used in the Palace of the Guards in the centre of Treviso up until 1950 while they are now at Villa Manfrin in Treviso